Path of Seven Pages
The Path of Seven Pages, in the Book of Eternal Night. A shadow realm.
The Path of Seven Pages, in the Book of Eternal Night, including several variations. All are shadow-based. Shadow aspects, shadow aura, shadow madra (see Madra), because the Monarch Akura Malice manifested the Shadow Icon when she advanced to Sage. See Icons
The head family is distinguished by bonding to their Book of Eternal Night, written by the Monarch Akura Malice herself. This book includes various shadow-based Paths, including Mercy’s own Path of Seven Pages. Branch families follow other shadow Paths. The Path of Seven Pages unites seven techniques from seven different shadow Paths into one.” (Ghostwater ch 13)
“The Book of Eternal Night,” Mercy announced, holding her book up proudly. “I'm on the Path of Seven Pages. And the first page, the Lowgold page...” She opened the cover, revealing the first page. It looked more like a thumb-thick tablet than a piece of paper. Yerin wondered if it contained a binding. This page was choked with more incomprehensible script-circles instead of plain writing. Not that Yerin would have been able to get anything from it either way. “It's the central technique from the Path of the Chainkeeper,” Mercy said. “Strings of Shadow. There are seven techniques in this book, one for each page. The Path of Seven Pages unites seven techniques from seven different shadow Paths into one.” (Ghostwater ch 13)
Each Akura expert leaves behind a Book, which holds their ideal Path for others to follow. These Divine Treasures take Akura Jades into a dream-world, where they test the disciple. If they succeed, the Divine Treasure bonds to their soul (their soulspace is opened early) and they are on the Path of Seven Pages. If not, they go to branch families.
The Book of Eternal Night was left by Akura Malice herself. It has only been claimed once, by Akura Mercy, heir to the clan. However, it has been offered to every disciple.
Vary, based on practitioner's book. Example, Strings of Shadow technique: “It's the central technique from the Path of the Chainkeeper,” Mercy said. “Strings of Shadow.” (Ghostwater ch 13)
- Akura Mercy - Puppeteer's Iron body for flexibility, precision, and control and so the body can maintain control even when encased in expanding armor (see Iron body list)
- Divine Treasures/Books - These are stored in the soul and have seven pages, each one with a technique, for every advancement level from Lowgold onwards. It has been demonstrated that they can 'borrow' power above their advancement level, but only temporarily. If they borrow too long, they could get stuck inside the book (see Reaper)
- Akura Mercy - Eclipse, Ancient Bow of the Soulseeker. A bow named 'Suu'
A bow. It was a bow, almost as tall as Mercy was. Mercy drew the string back, Forging a jet-black arrow as she did so. The point emerged between her weapon’s jaws. “This is Eclipse, Ancient Bow of the Soulseeker.” She loosed, and the arrow stuck in the dragon's palm. “It was my mother's weapon from Lowgold to Archlord. Made from the Remnant of a shadow dragon who became a Sage.” (Ghostwater ch 13)
- (see also Magical Items weapon section)
- Akura Malice created the Path as an ideal version of the Shadow Path which she practices herself
- Akura Mercy - Book of Eternal Night Path of Seven Pages
- Akura Charity - Book of the Silver Heart.
Mercy was familiar with Charity's Book of the Silver Heart. It contained seven techniques of shadow and dreams, so Charity lived in a world of abstractions. Of thoughts and visions. Her plans were so far beyond Mercy that Mercy could never comprehend them, but she tended to lose sight of other human beings. (Underlord ch 12)